The ongoing attack on Ukraine by Russian military forces raises a lot of concerns and issues, from a humanitarian standpoint of course, but also in terms of impact on our operations, as a consequence, notably, of the international sanctions taken against Russia and Belarus.
Europcar has created this page to keep you updated on what you should be aware of in case you have a booking scheduled with us OR before you try to book with us.
1. All Ukrainian, Russian, and Belarusian destinations are no longer bookable / available.
2. Crossing the Ukrainian border with one of our vehicles is not possible.
Ukraine is now a warzone: Insurance companies cannot provide any kind of coverage on the entire Ukrainian territory.
3. If you hold a visa, Mastercard, or American Express issued in Russia, or a payment mean issued by a bank banned from swift. (Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunications): VTB Bank, Bank Otkritie, Novikombank, Promsvyazbank, Rossiya Bank, Sovcombank, VEB, and Russia's Development Bank (to date).
- We won’t be able to proceed with your booking, be it directly via our systems or through an intermediary (Expedia, RentalCars, CarTrawler, …).
- Please note that we also won’t accept cash, be it in Euros or any other local currency. Besides, in compliance with the international sanctions taken against individuals in the context of the Ukrainian conflict, we won’t be able to serve you if your name appears on one of the lists issued by: the OFAC, the UK, the EU, the UN.
Europcar Mobility Group shows solidarity with
Ukraine & Ukrainian people
Over the last days, the Europcar Mobility Group received numerous requests from individuals, NGOs, and associations in need of vehicles to support Ukrainian people with food, medicine, or to help them leave the warzones. Europcar Mobility Group was unfortunately unable to give a positive answer to most of them, there were just too many.
As a mobility service company deeply rooted in Europe, Europcar is convinced that the situation calls for solidarity and that every bit of support and help matters.
This is why Europcar, in addition to donating at the Group level to the UNHCR (United Nations Refugee Agency), is currently cooperating with local associations and organizations of their choice, all involved in humanitarian actions for the Ukrainian people. Europcar Mobility Group has provided vans in recent days to deliver food and supplies to refugees and transport them from the Polish border to cities that welcome them.
If you want to join the international solidarity movement and support Ukraine, Europcar Mobility Group suggest that you donate to the UNHCR: https://www.unhcr.org
. With Ukrainian people massively fleeing fights and bombings, the UNHCR is mobilizing resources - and urgently needs donations - to respond as quickly and effectively as possible.